Tuesday, July 14, 2009

words

I feel very, detached from art. I talk about how I like to make things but when I go to do it I feel lost. I don't want to complete anything, I know everything in the world that I don't want to do.

What I want is to draw really simple things, and make really simple things. But this seems almost like I'm cheating myself. Because I can draw better than that, so I should. But I don't want to. I can create amazing shapes, but I don't want to.

I want to draw things with noodle arms, and for some reason little skulls. It makes people upset or uncomfortable the skulls. I've made four little clay people with skull faces so far and they are creepy, but happy to see me and I like them.

Just tried to take pictures of two of them, but I don't really feel like editing the photos right now.

I feel like I'm not doing what people expect of me. I'm not doing what I expected of me. I thought I would get done with school and feel like making a million things all over the place. But now when I start making something I am more likely to have no ideas or just feel very tired.

tired and sad.

I was doing better when my computer wasn't working, as much as I hate to admit that.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about not doing what people expect of you - you're the only one in control of your life. I'm too new at art to offer advice but it seems to me that you should follow what you're led to create. Nothing wrong with noodle arms or skulls. There's the whole Day of the Dead type art that many people find strange but is quite pretty. Follow your heart Stevie as it'll continue opening doors for you.

    ReplyDelete