Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Made things today, drawing style.


I completed something!!! I am part of a sketch exchange on livejournal and almost everyone who has drawn my characters says how they didn't really understand the reference pictures and stuff.
So I finally made one of my characters a sort of page about them. A character page.
This is Case. I don't even know what he is. Sometimes people have characters that are based on just one animal, but I created these guys and THEN started using animal reference for them. So now I think of rat feet when I draw Case's feet, and I think of a kangaroo tail when I draw his tail (though slightly more flexy) I think of bull terrier ears when I draw the ears. I have no idea on the head and of course siamese cats for the points.

I decided he can turn into a lynx with wings, which I figured was a pretty awesome symbol for being the messenger. I mean who doesn't want to have your mail delivered by a silver lynx that is suddenly sitting on your kitchen table. Scare the crap out of you for pure hilarity.

While I was looking up owl wings I found this story, about wesley the owl and his person, and then I promptly cried all over. Then I went to work, and that was my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment